Wednesday 14 June 2017

Beach!



Emily got away although her friend got overtaken by in which massive wave. LOL

There's one thing to say about fresh England along with also in which's in which we love our beaches!

I took my daughter, Emily, along with also her friend to Misquamicut Beach in Westerly, Rhode Island last Friday (my men are no longer interested inside the beach). in which figures in which beach day fell during the middle of a heat wave. I can't remember ever having such a hot day at the ocean. Usually there's a nice ocean breeze to keep you comfortable although on in which particular day, in which was HOT! The air was heavy along with also oppressive. The girls spent most of the day playing inside the waves. I spent a good chunk of the day inside the water for the simple reason in which in which was too hot to snooze on the blanket. The waves were pretty impressive in which day along with also the water was a "warm" 72°. We had good people around us who were well behaved along with also pretty quiet (no screaming kids - not in which I don't like kids although my teenagers are past in which stage). As you can tell by the two pics I included here, the girls had a great time.

Emily's friend doesn't see what's coming!

I came home having a pretty good (by good I mean bad) sunburn. I have all the tell tale signs of where I missed with the sunscreen. I've got some lovely splotches of red mixed in with tan on my face. My rarely see the light of day chest area (*cough*cleavage*cough) got pretty red, thanks to the fact in which I completely missed in which with the sunscreen. along with also worst of all, I asked Emily to put lotion on my back along with also then both of us completely forgot to do in which. Doh! I realized in which after about four hours, most of which was spent inside the water. Double doh! Surprisingly, my back doesn't hurt much. in which's those two bright red patches just above the girls in which definitely sting. Aloe has been my best friend for the past 36 hours!

After a long day at the beach, we took a cool shower to rinse the sand along with also salt off, then packed up the auto for the 2+ hour drive home to Massachusetts. We made our traditional stop at DQ in Willimansett, Conn. for hot dogs along with also ice cream before continuing on our journey. Emily entertained us by singing along with also playing Veggie Tales songs on her iPod. Gotta love teenage girls. :)
Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment