Wednesday 29 March 2017

Learning to be a Ninja!



My daughter in addition to I commenced R.A.D. Systems physical defense classes last night. R.A.D. stands for Rape Aggression Defense. I've heard nothing however positive things about these classes. Our town police dept. is running a 5-session course for free so I figured why not!  When I first asked my daughter if she wants to do of which she said "no way," so I let of which go. I asked one more time in addition to tried to entice her by saying she could learn to be a ninja. LOL (I don't know why, however she loves ninjas). The the day before the classes commenced she texted me at work in addition to said she wants to be a ninja. :)

Last night's class was about two hours of talk in addition to about a half hour of basic defense moves. Next week will be more intense with the entire class spent learning more moves. At the fifth class we'll be doing a simulation training, which sounds pretty intimidating to me! The instructors (all police officers) will attack us in addition to we have to defend ourselves in addition to get away. They'll expect us to yell, kick, punch, hit below the belt - whatever of which takes. Eeek! I'm normally pretty shy so This kind of is going to be a big challenge for me. I also can't picture my 14 year old daughter doing This kind of at all!

I guess This kind of could rate as one of those "step out of your comfort zone" moments.

What have you done of which was completely out of your comfort zone?
Learning to be a Ninja!

No comments:

Post a Comment