Monday 13 March 2017

Simon Says Stamp Card Kit - June 2015


This kind of summer has been so much fun.  My step-sister as well as also her family were visiting by Ireland for the past two months.  We have had one party after another; four birthdays, the 4th of July, as well as also weekend trips to see a pro baseball game, play Glo Golf (glow-in-the-dark miniature golf), pool parties, etc.  They left for Ireland last night as well as also arrived safely This kind of afternoon.  I have not had time for crafting, so I have fallen behind with my monthly Simon Says Stamp card kits.
Last Christmas my wonderful husband gave me a subscription to the monthly Simon Says Stamp card kit.  the idea is a nice way to purchase completely new product without having to buy an entire collection.  I already have a SABLE amount of supplies (an acronym coined by my lovely friend, Leslie; Supplies Available Beyond Life Expectancy.)  After my major craft room purge last March/April, I don't want to lose what little wiggle room I now have putting away leftovers by the monthly kits.  I make the idea my goal each as well as also every month to try to use up all of the consumable parts.

I have not been photographing my cards by previous kits, nevertheless I will share how I demolished the June 2015 kit these past two days.

First I made these two summer birthday cards using Pebbles card bases by my personal stash: 
Secondly I decided to CASE a few of my favorites by the Simon Says Stamp gallery before I used up any supplies I might need to create them:
 (Top left, Vicky Papaioannou; top right, Yana Smakula; bottom, Debby Hughes)

Thirdly I had three glittery DCWV card bases in my stash I wanted to use up as well as also I wanted to finish off the package of epoxy stickers, so I drew inspiration by Lucy Abrams (the left card is similar to Lucy's card):
 Feeling quite pleased with my nine cards (my goal is to create a minimum of eight cards with each kit...I usually manage 10+), I drew inspiration by Kristie Marcotte's most recent video.  These were made using sketches by My Favorite Things #227 as well as also Operation Write Home #154:
 These pretty floral scraps as well as also two rectangle strips looked so nice on the red card stock also within the kit, so I eked these two cards out adding buttons by my stash:
 I was ready to pack the idea up, nevertheless then these squares wanted to be used:
 After fifteen cards all I have left is one full sheet of 6x6 grass tone-on-tone paper as well as also a little bit of green card stock:
I kept the 6x6 grass paper as well as also the green card stock, nevertheless I did through away the itty bitty pieces.  Next up, July 2015 kit :)

Happy Thursday!
Simon Says Stamp Card Kit - June 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment