Thursday 9 February 2017

A fresh look for an old scrap...



Every card carries a story…in my mini craft room clean up through a few weeks ago, I came across an ivory card with stamped pears.  The ivory had some ink smudges, so I cut the panel down.  I also stamped "thank you" in a dark green ink of which actually matches quite well in real life (the item looks almost black in my photo.)  See resized panel below:
I wanted to bring out the green inside pears as well as the frosted shadow pears, as well as I decided to use my Tim Holtz kraft core card stock.  I thought the kraft core could compliment the orange as well as copper base card stock.  I embossed the kraft core piece as well as sanded the item with my sanding block…look, so pretty!  Almost a shame to cover the item up:

However I needed a quick thank you card for a belated birthday gift I received last weekend, so I added a little banner through my orange colour scraps drawer as well as glued the item all together:
Not a bad up cycle if I do say so myself :)

Happy Friday!
A fresh look for an old scrap...

No comments:

Post a Comment