Thursday 16 February 2017

Thanksgiving gift, 6x6/12x12 Organizational Tips, Teacher Treats, as well as also a Crooked Stamper Sketch challenge



My Big Shot broke again, as well as also my wonderful dhDH (dear husband Doug Houck) fixed of which for the fourth time.  He gave me permission to buy a completely new one if of which happens again.  Meanwhile, I decided of which was time to re-organize some of my 12x12 as well as also 6x6 collections.  After all, there is no way one can live without a Big Shot, right?  I had to find something creative to do...

Organizational tip:  (6x6 papers sorted by coloration)
I took my genuinely thin 12x12 collections (some actually had no 12x12, some had maybe two sheets) as well as also cut them down to 6x6.  I also took some of my genuinely thin 6x6 pads as well as also threw away the front as well as also back covers of the pads as well as also re-organized all of these papers by coloration with the cut down 12x12.  I also sorted 6x6 papers via retired card kits in there too.  Many of my 6x6 were double-sided; I had to decide which side I liked best as well as also filed of which of which way.  In a couple of cases where I loved both sides, I filed each piece under two different colors.  Make sense?
I created dividers with colored card stock cut to 6x7; red, pink, green, yellow, blue, orange, black, grey, kraft, as well as also beige.  I made a decision to put all aqua papers inside the blue section.
I also chose to make a few additional categories:  text, gingham, multi-colored stripes/dots/chevrons, music, scenic (e.g. hot air balloons, clouds, bikes, maps), colorful florals, as well as also school/office (e.g. grid/graph papers, typewriters, numbers).

This kind of was a lot of work, yet I wasn't genuinely using those paper scraps as well as also old collections anyway.  I am anxious to see if of which was worth the hours I spent organizing.

I have thought of doing This kind of for about 5 years now, as well as also I fought of which because I enjoy working within a collection since the patterns are already coloration-coordinated.
I wanted to play along with Leslie's sketch, as well as also I gotta say I threw This kind of pie card together in less than 30 minutes.  My pie as well as also cutting board die cuts as well as also sentiment came via the November Simon Says Stamp card kit.  I knew I wanted red gingham paper, so I went right to my newly organized 6x6 to the gingham section.  Score!  The completely new system is working already…of course I had a great sketch as motivation.  I added some MME burlap ribbon as well as also frayed both ends a bit.  Done.

Every year right before Thanksgiving our realtor gives us a gift certificate for a pie at a local pie shop.  This kind of card is for her.  Perfect, right?

I came across some ancient 12x12 in autumnal colors, so I decided to make some "Happy Thanksgiving" teacher treats with peppermint patties.
 Here is the front as well as also the back:
I am probably the only parent of which does little treats throughout the school year, yet I am sure additional parents help in additional ways.  This kind of is what I choose to do.  I like to let them know they are appreciated as well as also I love using my stash.

Happy Sunday!
Thanksgiving gift, 6x6/12x12 Organizational Tips, Teacher Treats, as well as also a Crooked Stamper Sketch challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment