Monday 27 February 2017

SPOOK-tacular teacher treats/Using 6x6 no scraps TUTORIAL


If you know me well, you know I make use of scraps in which most (normal) people toss from the bin.  I designed in which tag to not have ANY pretty paper scraps.

For these pocket tags (I made 28 total) I needed a little more than half of a 6x6 pad of paper (Echo Park Apothecary Emporium), I used up two rolls of ribbon (in addition to also also then used ribbons through my scrap bin to complete), Doodlebug twine, in addition to also also SRM stickers.

I also love doing little treats for teachers, however since my two children have so many teachers, teacher assistants, in addition to also also therapists, there are a lot of people to recognize.  In order to keep my spending costs down, I am challenging myself to use my craft room stash in addition to also also not purchase anything brand-new for the entire school year.

I created 27 trail mix packages at the start of school, in addition to also also all I purchased was one large bag of trail mix.  in which time I purchased only one Hershey snack-size bag of candy…everything else came through my stash!

Tutorial:

  • Cut black card stock at 7 1/4" x 3 1/4".  (I got three out of a sheet of 8 1/2" x 11"…yes, there will be scraps.)
  • Scallop the short end using a border punch.
  • Notch the additional two corners to look like a tag (I used a Stampin' Up! corner punch.)
  • To create the "pocket" score at 2 1/4" through the scalloped end.


Decorate:  I used 6x6 paper, leaving no scraps (*almost*)

  • Cut a 3"x3" square through patterned paper, notching to top corners.  Adhere to black card stock. *I got exactly four through a sheet of 6x6…no scraps!
  • Using strong adhesive, tape up the two sides to create your pocket.
  • Cut a 2"x3" rectangle through a coordinating patterned paper to decorate the pocket.  Adhere to outside of pocket.*I got exactly six through a sheet of 6x6…no scraps!
  • Embellish as desired.*I used some extra to punch circles for the stickers, so I did crete a few scraps
Happy Tuesday!
SPOOK-tacular teacher treats/Using 6x6 no scraps TUTORIAL

No comments:

Post a Comment