Monday 31 July 2017

Em's Gems Etsy preview!


Emily as well as I were very excited to get our first bead shipment This particular week. We sorted through as well as weeded out what isn't going to work for us (I'll be shipping some back), then decided the item's best which we shop locally so we can see as well as touch before buying. We made a trip to JoAnn's last night as well as came home with more goodies. We immediately commenced working on some pieces for our personal collections. Emily's a lot more experienced inside the jewelry doing process than I am. I've always been inside the background with suggestions for designs yet up until taking the bracelet class recently, I never actually did the work. Once I got commenced last night I found the item to be easy as well as quite relaxing.

Anyway, we created these two bracelets last night. This particular is just an example of the bracelets you'll see inside the Em's Gems Beading shop on Etsy as well as at the local craft fair in November. Most pieces will be unique as well as one-of-a-kind because we'll be working with beads we have in our stash.

This particular is Emily modeling the bracelet she made for herself. When she picked out these beads they didn't do a thing for me. After she commenced putting the bracelet together I loved its simple yet colorful design. This particular bracelet carries a lobster clasp. Emily has the patience to work with clasps. I do not.


This particular is my memory wire bracelet. I used ceramic, glass, metal as well as seed beads. The best thing about memory wire bracelets is one size fits most as well as there are no clasps to fuss with. Because the memory wire comes as a big slinky type thing, you cut the item down to however many loops you want the bracelet to be. This particular bracelet is about 3 1/2 loops. the item was my 'experiment' bracelet as I get the hang of working with the memory wire. My wrist is tiny as well as the bracelet fits nicely without draping over my hand. At the same time, there's enough give to the item to fit a larger wrist comfortably as well. Once you take the item off the item bounces right back to its coil shape.

I think inside the future I'll have Emily product the bracelets. the item was a little difficult trying to product a bracelet on one hand as well as take a photo with the various other. lol


Em's Gems Etsy preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment