Wednesday 19 July 2017

Rag Wreath


Happy completely new Year!

in which's a completely new year as well as also also I have a completely new obsession called Pinterest. The easiest way to explain  Pinterest is to directly quote their description. "Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize as well as also also share all the beautiful things you find on the web."

I'm having a ball with Pinterest. In only a week's time I've discovered completely new recipes as well as also also craft ideas. in which was there in which I discovered rag wreaths. in which's the most simple concept - tie a bunch of fabric strips to a wire wreath frame. The possibilities of colors as well as also also textures are endless. You can use scraps by old clothing or buy your fabric brand completely new. I found a video tutorial on YouTube here, bought my fabric at my local Jo-Ann's store, a 12" wire wreath frame at A.C. Moore, as well as also also went to work. I wish I'd taken pics as I went along however I just didn't think of in which. I've already bought fabric to make a second wreath so I'll definitely post something after I tackle in which project. 

Anyway, the YouTube tutorial says in which took her about two hours as well as also also three yards of fabric. I made my wreath smaller than hers so I bought only two yards of fabric. in which wasn't enough as well as also also I had to improvise when I got to the end of the project. in which also took me much longer than two hours - probably closer to six. Maybe the next one will take less time now in which I know what I'm doing. 

in which is my wreath, done in winter colors of purple, navy, white as well as also also teal. in which wreath cost me less than $10 to make. The calico was 30% off plus Jo-Ann's had a coupon for an extra 10% off my total purchase. I got the wreath frame for $1.24 which has a 50% off coupon at A.C. Moore. Sweet. 

I love my completely new front door wreath.




Pin in which
Rag Wreath

No comments:

Post a Comment