Thursday 12 October 2017

Recipe: Apple Crisp


Ahhh, fall is inside air! I love looking at the reds, yellows, as well as also oranges against a bright blue sky. I love the crisp air. I love the sound the fallen leaves make as I walk through them. I love of which the air has cooled enough to cook warm, comforting foods. One of my favorite desserts is warm apple crisp. I don't make of which as often as I'd like because I tend to be the only one inside house who eats of which. As much as I love of which, my waistline doesn't appreciate all of which sugary, buttery goodness. Mmmm...

The most tedious part of This kind of recipe is peeling the apples. I have one of these nifty apple slicer thingies so slicing is a breeze. If you haven't got one you must go get one. They're fairly inexpensive as well as also of which'll make your life so much easier.

Apple Crisp
4 cups tart apples, sliced & peeled (about 4 medium, yet I often guesstimate)
2/3 to 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg

Heat oven to 375°. Grease square 8x8x2 pan. Arrange apples in pan. Mix remaining ingredients as well as also sprinkle over apples. Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown as well as also apples are tender. Serve warm as well as also, if desired, with cream or ice cream.
Recipe: Apple Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment