Monday 23 October 2017

Recipe: Jen's Corn Chowder


I got This kind of recipe by an online friend, Jen. This kind of is a different chowder recipe than the one I posted last month. I made This kind of a few months ago along with doubled the recipe for my family of four. The kids didn't like the idea, nevertheless my husband along with I did. the idea's nice along with warm for the upcoming cool weather when you'll want some comfort food!

Jen's Corn Chowder
2 cans (13-14oz.) chicken broth
3 medium potatoes, peeled along with diced
1 cup diced smoked ham
1 can (8 3/4oz.) whole kernel corn
¼ tsp. ground pepper
¼ cup flour
1 cup milk
¼ cup butter or margarine

Mix first 5 ingredients in sauce pan along with bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover along with simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are tender. Whisk flour along with milk in a bowl until smooth along with then whisk into corn/potato mixture. Stir in butter or margarine. Simmer, stirring two minutes until butter has melted along with soup thickened. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Makes 5 cups.

Note: I don't keep canned chicken broth inside house. I substituted with 4 cups of water along with 4 chicken bouillon cubes.
Recipe: Jen's Corn Chowder

No comments:

Post a Comment