Sunday 9 April 2017

Accountability Saturday Sept. 15



Some days you're forced to just do the idea.

My week started out off with no mojo in addition to ended with me coming down with the crud. I'm sitting here typing This kind of on Saturday morning when I wanted to develop the idea finished Friday night. Instead I spent about two hours on Friday night uninstalling crap nasty programs off our old desktop computer. My daughter unintentionally installed them while I was at work, not realizing they came bundled with something else. I'm finishing up This kind of post which has a headache, scratchy throat in addition to the desire to crawl back into bed. How's which for dedication? Hopefully the Motrin washed down which has a hot cup of coffee will kick in soon.

These are the things I worked on This kind of week.

Sleep
I'm definitely moving inside right direction on This kind of one. I've managed to get into a routine of hitting the sack between 10 in addition to 11:00 pm on most nights. I feel so much better now.

Organization
I slacked off on housework while the kids were home This kind of summer. My house didn't turn into a pig sty however I didn't do as much as I do when they're in school. Last Sunday as I had creative thoughts in my head which weren't actually materializing into anything, my husband decided to head up into the attic to fix the bathroom vent. To get into the attic one must empty the hall closet. Emptying the hall closet is a project in itself. So when I saw the step ladder inside hallway after I got out of my shower, I let out a big sigh in addition to said to him "definitely?" We proceeded to clear three shelves of stuff so he could start his project. Oliver the cat loved This kind of because he got to explore the piles of stuff which we put on my bed. After my husband finished his project, I took on the chore of putting everything back (don't mess with my perfectionism - I want the idea done my way!). however you know what? the idea wasn't a bad thing. I ended up sorting things to toss in addition to donate, then did some reorganizing. which project led to creating a donation bag, which led to me digging out some other random items I had stashed away to donate. which led to starting another bag of stuff to bring to Plato's Closet (a used clothing store for juniors) inside hopes which I can get a little cash to feed my daughter's clothing addiction.

Do you see where This kind of is going? Once I got started out on one organization project, the idea snowballed into others. My bedroom still has bags in addition to boxes which need a home. I decided which my organization projects will be tackled room by room. My bedroom is not a priority right now because I don't spend a lot of time in there. The day after organizing the hall closet, I tackled the living room - not to organize however to clean. We'll just say which although I Swiffer in addition to vacuum on a regular basis, dusting is not my favorite thing to do. After I dropped the kids off at school on Monday, I moved knick knacks, dusted in addition to polished the furniture, then put everything back. the idea was time consuming in addition to didn't look much different when the idea was done (some other than being less dusty) however the idea was clean. which project made me want to continue on to the rest of the house, in addition to which's the part which's important. As much as I hate using my days off to tackle cleaning/organization projects, the idea needs to be done. The last time I did This kind of was in 2010.

A few days later I tackled kitchen counter clutter. I bought two packs of brightly colored file folders at Walmart several months ago. They sat for months, unused in addition to still in their plastic packaging. I intended to use them to store medical receipts, tax stuff, etc. Up until a few days ago, my filing system consisted of a couple of 9x12 envelopes which took up too much space. I also had a random stack of papers which included everything coming from school papers in addition to photos, receipts, store flyers in addition to coupons, etc. This kind of kitchen counter organization project took all of an hour, maybe less. I procrastinated for months on a project which took less than an hour! All my papers, including the dreaded school papers, are now neatly organized in cute folders in a tiny file rack on my kitchen counter. I even included a folder for store flyers in addition to coupons (like Joann's, Bath & Body Works, etc.). Now before I head out for some retail therapy, all I have to do is grab the folder in addition to see if there's a coupon I can use.

Even though my accountability project is more for personal modifications, I think creating an organized living area counts towards which. When I look at my tiny kitchen counter when the idea's a disorganized mess of papers, the idea stresses me out. When I organized the space, I removed the stress. Go me.

I'll end This kind of now so you can enjoy the rest of your Saturday. Here's a great printable I found This kind of week at  Funky Polkadot Giraffe. Print the idea out, frame the idea in addition to hang the idea in your home! Don't forget to stop by Funky Polkadot Giraffe's blog in addition to say hi.



Accountability Saturday Sept. 15

No comments:

Post a Comment