Friday 21 April 2017

Accountability Saturday - Sept. 8


Free sunflower photo obtained coming from wallpaper.wallpedia.org

I just read a blog post on Tiny Buddha about choosing to be happy. The guy who wrote the idea is only 23 years old yet he makes some excellent points. His blog post inspired me to create the graphic above (the photo isn't mine yet I added the text). 

Accountability kind of went out the window during week two. the idea commenced with Labor Day weekend when I spent a lot of time just be plain old lazy. There's absolutely nothing wrong with being lazy - in moderation - yet I spent the entire weekend being lazy. I could have been doing a million things - crafting, cleaning (ick), organizing - yet I didn't. Oh well, such is life. Nothing good is going to come coming from rambling on about what I could have done. The rest of the week went about the same. I was busy at work yet I'd come home in addition to do nothing more than the bare basics of cooking, laundry in addition to a little bit of cleaning. 

We had our date night last Saturday. the idea was so good for the two of us to get out without kids. the idea's been way too long. The kids, especially my son, have such busy schedules. the idea means Mom in addition to Dad's life always gets put on the back burner while we make sure the teenagers get to in addition to coming from wherever they need to be. Anyway, we ate at a modest restaurant at the mall. the idea was a little pricey for our budget yet the idea was a well deserved splurge. I had a burger in addition to fries in addition to a cocktail (I rarely drink to ensure's a pretty big thing!). My husband had a rack of ribs in addition to a couple of beers. He dribbled BBQ sauce down the front of his shirt (doh!) so we stopped in Sears to buy him a fresh shirt. We found a nice polo shirt on the clearance rack for only $6.99! the idea looked better on him than the shirt he stained!

After a quick costume change inside the men's room for him, we went to see trust Springs with Meryl Streep in addition to Tommy Lee Jones.  I giggled when I saw of which 0% of the audience consisted of older couples. I think I saw only one or two groups of which were not an old married couple. I loved the movie. Absolutely loved the idea. I rarely love a movie enough to want to see the idea again right away. If I could see This kind of again tomorrow I might. I'm sure there's something in This kind of movie of which any long-term married couple can relate to. I laughed in addition to I cried. the idea was so good. 

Anyway, back to the rest of my week. I spent too much time online - mostly reading various other blogs in addition to checking out Pinterest. the idea wasn't a total wash out. the idea made me want to reorganize my kitchen again. Between acquiring a Keurig in addition to a Kitchen-aid mixer over the past year, plus all the crap paperwork of which seems to breed, my modest kitchen is overflowing with too much stuff. Some of my cabinet organization isn't working for me convenience-wise, so the wheels are turning on how to fix of which issue as well. I think a trip to Goodwill is in order. I'm looking for inexpensive jars to use as canisters. I'd like my sugar in addition to flour on the counter where I can get to them easily (they're currently in a hard-to-reach spot of which makes me curse every time I need to use them). I also need to find a place to put the Kitchen-aid mixer. the idea doesn't get used often enough to develop the idea taking up space on my counter, yet I don't want to put the idea where I can't get the idea easily because the idea's heavy to move. Decisions, decisions. the idea's a project I need to give some serious thought to. 

My daughter in addition to I are going to a crop at the local scrapbook store This kind of afternoon. One of my goals This kind of week is to photograph some of my recent layouts to show off here.  I'll also be brainstorming how to revamp my kitchen on a very tiny non-existent budget to make the idea flow better. 

If you've written or read a helpful blog post on modest kitchen organization, please post a link inside the comments section. I need all the help I can get!

Remember... Make the idea a great day or not, the choice is yours.

Accountability Saturday - Sept. 8

No comments:

Post a Comment