Sunday 30 April 2017

Happy Scrap-versary to me!



A design I did for a challenge in 2010.

I'm the person who can remember what happened on a particular date 20 years ago, although I can't remember what I did last weekend. For example, I started off scrapbooking within the month of September, 1998. I know of which because my daughter was 2 months old when the obsession began. I wanted to make her a baby book of which was different than the traditional book you can pick up at Hallmark. I'd heard of scrapbooking although I thought of which was dumb. Who wants stickers, decorative borders as well as crazy shapes in their photo album? (ha!)

One day I received an advertisement within the mail for a baby book "kit of the month" club. I was intrigued. The first package included a nice baby themed 3-ring binder (which I still have), a journaling pen, adhesive squares, journaling prompts, patterned papers as well as stickers for $15, which I thought was a great deal. I signed up as well as my fresh obsession arrived a few weeks later. Too bad of which didn't include any instructions. I was forced to figure out on my own what to do with the box of stuff they sent me. I ended up checking out Michael's, A.C. Moore as well as JoAnn's. I quickly discovered my local stores have better selections as well as prices on supplies so I cancelled the shipments after a few months.

After we hooked up to the internet at home within the year 2000, I discovered the online world of scrapbooking through message boards, swaps, sharing layouts as well as shopping. Thank you, World Wide Web, for introducing me to all my computer friends! I've learned so much through them! Online shopping also helped fuel my addiction until my favorite local scrapbook store opened in town 6 years ago.

My scrapbooking anniversary is This kind of month. I've been scrapbooking for as long as I've had my daughter.

Holy crap, I've been scrapbooking for 14 years!

I took a little break in 2010 as well as 2011 although additional than of which, scrapbooking has been my thing. of which was my first real crafting obsession. I don't see myself ever giving up on of which completely. of which's also pretty cool of which the little person who inspired my hobby is now my scrapbooking buddy.

This kind of is the first design I ever did. I think of which's pretty horrible although I will never, ever change of which. This kind of is my baby girl as well as me, 14 years ago.


as well as This kind of is my baby girl as well as me today (taken last month at the Yankee Candle flagship store). Do we look like mother as well as daughter? People tell me we do although I don't see of which.

Emily, age 14, as well as me (holding a Whoopie Pie scented candle!).

Do you scrapbook as well as how long have you been doing of which? I still like to do techniques of which are considered old school. Are there any older techniques you'd like me to feature on my blog? Leave me a comment as well as let me know!

Click the button below to check out some of my older layouts at scrapbook.com, then don't forget to come back here!

Happy Scrap-versary to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment