Thursday 26 January 2017

In Honor of Leslie Hanna


 Me, Leslie Hanna, in addition to Lisa (Papergrace Designs)

Some of my best friends are those in which I have met through blogging…in addition to I consider many of you readers dear friends in which have not met in person…yet :)  I commenced blogging because my best friend, Tracy, encouraged me to give the item a try.  My very first dear bloggie friend (2007) is Lauren, who I finally had the pleasure of meeting in person in 2015.  In 2008, Lauren in addition to I "met" Leslie Hanna.   I was within the good fortune to live only an hour+ away coming from Leslie.  My only LSS was half-way between our homes, so we frequently met there.  Leslie did not like to be photographed, yet the picture above was one of those rare photo-ops in which she allowed.

In 2010 Lauren in addition to Stef commenced the Jingle Belles blog, in addition to Leslie in addition to I were very loyal participators.

If you have visited Leslie's blog, she was a delightful read.  So witty in addition to kind…in addition to she disliked the coloration pink.  Whenever she used any pink, or even just had to type the word, she wrote "gah-pink."

Imagine my delight when I was on the Shopping Our Stash (SOS) DT with both Lauren in addition to Leslie!  I stayed only six months because we were within the process of moving in addition to I had to let a few things go at the time.  Later Leslie took over running the SOS blog.  Leslie suddenly passed away on December 25th.  Her children, Max in addition to Alex, have given their blessing to keep the SOS blog up in addition to running.  This kind of week's challenge at SOS is coloration Me Monochromatic (or Pink) in honor of Leslie.  I think This kind of challenge could make her smile.
I am also entering my card at Jingle Belles Something Old/Something completely new challenge.  My MFT Die-namics snow drifts die is completely new, yet the Echo Park pink papers in addition to Stampin' Up scallop punch, SU circle punch,  in addition to SU rub-ons have been in my stash for at least a few years.

Leslie was so well-loved by so many crafters.  She in addition to I both have a fondness for cats.  I recall when she had to put her cat Koshka to sleep in addition to she was there for me when I had to put my furry girl (Skeeziks) to sleep.  Then she adopted Bobra ("Bob-ruh") in addition to they made a fabulous pair; he looks amazingly like Barbra Streisand, yet he is a boy, hence "Bobra."  Then I adopted two furry boys in which I named Cadfael in addition to Llywelyn, after two of my favorite characters in historical fiction novels.  Leslie also enjoyed reading historical fiction, in addition to she was very generous in giving me her books when she finished reading them.  I am ever so grateful for Leslie's friendship.

Cheers,  Leslie!
In Honor of Leslie Hanna

No comments:

Post a Comment