Saturday 28 January 2017

Something Old, Something fresh challenge at Jingle Belles


I can hardly believe which Jingle Belles challenge blog has been running for over 6 years!  Lauren as well as Stef have provided so much inspiration with their lovely cards as well as challenge prompts.  I participated quite a lot the first couple of years, although then not as much as I wished to since…life got inside the way just a bit.  although my resolution for 2016 is to join these wonderful ladies in "taking back December"; enjoying the holidays even more with Christmas cards completed before December arrives.

This kind of fortnight the challenge is "Something Old, Something fresh."  My blue green background paper is genuinely old Core'dinations coloring core card stock which I embossed with dots.  The snow drift dies I purchased last October, as well as everything else came by the Simon Says Stamp December 2015 kit.  I also used my lovely friend Leslie's final sketch (again.)
If you knew Leslie Hanna, you enjoyed her humor as well as her kindness.  Leslie passed away suddenly on December 25th.  If This kind of is fresh news to you, then I apologize for you having to hear the item This kind of way.  She touched hundreds of blogger, twitter, as well as instagram crafty friends, as well as we are all better off for having known her.  I doubt which I can say anything which hasn't already been shared about This kind of wonderful friend.  I personally will miss her comments on my blog, the email exchanges we shared after nearly every post of hers/mine, her sketches, as well as her visits to my home as well as to local restaurants for our lunches together.  Yes, I was fortunate to having "met" Leslie through blogging, although we lived only an hour + away by each various other for a few years before she as well as her faithful friend Bobra-the-cat moved to Ohio.  In our last email exchange, we were discussing how we both wanted to participate at Jingle Belles in 2016 as faithfully as we did in 2010, 2011, etc, as well as how I was going to work on my unfinished objects pile (UFO, one of Leslie's much used acronyms.)  Leslie will be missed by so many.  I have so many fond memories of Leslie, as well as her use of acronyms have been in my vocabulary now for years.  I will list a few of my favorites here:

SABLE = supplies available beyond life expectancy
ECBTOIN = every coloring although the one I need
SYFY = save yourself by yourself
UFO = UnFinished Object

Leslie, I expect you are crafting with unlimited supplies, as crooked as you please :)

Will you join me in participating inside the 2016 challenges at Jingle Belles?  I expect so; there is always so much eye candy by Stef, Lauren, as well as the various other JB participants.

Happy fresh Year!
Something Old, Something fresh challenge at Jingle Belles

No comments:

Post a Comment